Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tsunami craziness...

Ok I'm wrong. The water is weird. Maybe it's the wind or the quake, but it was moving southwest like crazy. Choppy as all hell and just a mess. Strange to be the only guy out there. 

Have you ever sat on the water? Seriously, even if it's a mile offshore. It's incredible and scary. Not the shark thing, just the amazing in the middle of nowhere vibe going on. The shore looks like a small strip and you are floating like a cork. Behind you is the endless horizon of sky and water. Makes you feel very small and puts all the bullshit into perspective. 

I do love it out there, I admit it. It's beyond quiet. You can sit and figure it out. I wish you could experience it. 

I didn't surf today. Took the kayak past Pt. Whitehorn to almost Sucia Island but the wind and weird currents freaked me out, for lack of a better word. It was a 4 hour paddle back to the bay.

The best part was being treated to seeing some cool small gray whales. 




No comments:

Post a Comment