Monday, February 22, 2010

Paying off bets. Aka spring training...

70 miles today. The sun is amazing here, lower 60's in February, in the Northwest??? Imagine that. Last night inspired me to keep going on. Why?
 
Team USA put a huge smackdown on the favored Team Canada. It was epic. I have never been a hockey fan, but after watching Miller defend his net at over 40 some odd shots, has sold me a bit. An awesome display of "bring it on, that's all you got." They attacked him for over 3 hours and I have never seen such aggression on the stage of sport entertainment. And I want to clarify that I am not a big sports fan. But what I saw was amazing.

I have decided to keep training and cross the country in late summer. Logistics being worked out. Better temps and conditions to actually attempt this. It will not be as big of a push as the coast trip. I'm planning back roads, more miles with even better gear. Might actually get away from my hard tail frame? No way, too much energy being wasted with shocks and all. Just my opinion, maybe ask Shaun?

Not going back to Alaska, at least not this year. It's a beautiful place but not a healthy one. Who would be so insane to work 100 days in a row for all these years? 

Spending the spring/summer working on local boats. It's good work if you can get it. If not then well, I don't care. I would rather take this chance in my life NOW, than be 70-80 wishing I did. 

But at that age, I'll be half way around the world :-)

Oh the bet payoff? Yeah I beat Dead Pirate Phil on the flats this morning. 2.6 miles done in 7 minutes. I lucked out, no wind.

Look up Ice Brewed Camo Black Ice. Pure swill. He had to drink it, at least he tried. 

No I'm not going insane, trust me brother.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Bro,
    You'll never get the crazy dianosis from me as long as your rid'n and liv'n. It's when you cash out and plunk down on the couch to fester that I'll be a ring'n the funny farm.
    It might be clich'e (particularly in the bike world), but Live Strong!

    ReplyDelete